New House to Home: Olioboard            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Olioboard

Have you tried Olioboard yet?  If you're not familiar, olioboard.com is a website where you can create interior design inspiration boards.  Ever wonder how that Pottery Barn quilt would look with that Target lamp and your favorite Sherwin Williams paint color?  Wish you could find out before you make the purchases or spend the day painting a room?  Olioboard is the place to find out. 

Right now I am working on some ideas for my bedroom.  Obviously I want to keep the backdrop neutral (given my history of moving), but I'd like to inject a bit of color and personality.  Here is one "moodboard" I came up with:


After seeing this moodboard, I decided that I'm not crazy about the wall color, and a few accessories would really personalize the space.  With just a few clicks, I was able to change the above image to this:


Much better.  It's a good thing I like it because I already own the bed, rust coverlet and shams, the neutral coverlet, the jacobian print fabric, and similar artwork.  You can add your own products to the moodboard, or add add products you find on the Olioboard website.  When moving into a new home, it's common to have to make an overwhelming number of design and decor decisions in a short period of time.  It's so great to be able get a general idea of what the final product will look like without making any commitment of time and money.

Once you have your new home looking exactly the way you want it to look, you can spend your free time designing rooms for an imaginary lake house that you don't actually own.

My house doesn't look exactly the way I want it to look, but I was having so much fun I couldn't stop myself!

Have fun with olioboard.com.  I'd love to see what you create!

1 comment: