New House to Home: Our Thanksgiving Table            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Table

The countdown to Turkey Day is on! In less than 48 hours, I'll be sitting down to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and I hope you'll be doing the same. In preparation for the meal-to-end-all-meals, I've set my dining room table with some festive accents I've gathered from around the house.

I'm not a super-formal person, and I don't have good china like most people. Thanksgiving is the one day each year that I wish I did.  I know it's ironic that I feel that way when I'm supposed to be giving thanks for everything I have - I'm only human.  However, I'm always happy that I have simple dishware after the turkey and stuffing have been consumed because I get to throw my dishes into the dishwasher while the rest of the country is hand washing theirs. I think I did a pretty good job making my WalMart plates look festive.

I like to keep the table setting fairly simple so I don't have to rearrange too many things when it's time to eat. This year my tablescape is centered around real gourds treated with Rub 'n Buff and placed on a cake plate. 

I got my inspiration from this image I posted a few weeks back.


I also used glass hurricanes borrowed from the mantle and filled with pine cones, acorns and candles.  A few amber glass votives fill in some empty spaces.

The printable menus and place cards are courtesy of How to Nest for Less. Thanks, Erin!

The acorn place card holders were a bargain Home Goods find, as were the napkins and place mats.

In case you're wondering what we will be eating on Thanksgiving, it's probably not much different than what you'll be eating.

I'm looking forward to so many things about Thanksgiving, including great food, an after dinner walk, and cozying up on the couch to watch my first Christmas movie of the season (always Elf, my favorite). The thing I look forward to most is spending some quiet time with my family reflecting upon how blessed we are.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

Linking To:





HookingupwithHoH

shabby creek cottage

3 comments:

  1. Your table looks beautiful! It's all so thought out, I hope your guests notice the attention to detail and the time you took. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so so pretty!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! I would love for you to visit me and see the centerpiece at my Thanksgiving table. I am visiting you from Savvy Southern Style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the guilded pumpkins and the little acorn placecard holders. I'm sure it was a lovely dinner!

    ReplyDelete