New House to Home: Christmas Tables            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Tables

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We certainly did here.  A few days before the holiday, we drove to Pennsylvania to spend a few days with family.  The kids and I like to wake up on Christmas morning in our own beds, so we left PA on the twenty-third, and arrived home just in time to start preparing for an intimate Christmas Eve dinner for our family of four.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post, our Christmas Eve traditions involve attending church services, snacking on cheese and crackers, enjoying a nice dinner in our seldom used dining room, having yummy bread pudding and assorted cookies for dessert, and opening pajamas from Santa Claus.  Since so much of the evening revolves around food, I try to make the dining room look special.  This is how the table looked this year:
 
 
SOURCES
Tablecloth, Candles, Napkins - Bed, Bath & Beyond
Gold Chargers - Hobby Lobby
Plates - WalMart (2009)
Sleigh in Center of Table - Old Time Pottery (purchased empty)
Artificial Greenery and Picks in Sleigh - Hobby Lobby
Candle Holders - Wedding Gifts
Real Greenery on Table - Neighbor's Yard
Wine Glasses - Stein Mart
Flatware - Tuesday Morning

We also have a nice but easily prepared breakfast on Christmas morning.  It always consists of a sausage and egg casserole that I prepare the night before, fruit, and some sort of sweet treat.  This year the sweet treat was a delicious monkey bread that my 11 year old daughter (AKA mini-Martha) prepared on Christmas Eve.  Isn't it pretty?

Let me tell you, it tastes even better than it looks!  It looked so nice on our kitchen table that was set for Christmas.



SOURCES
Hurricanes, Candles, Ornaments, Glasses - Target
Centerpiece - Gift sent from 1-800-Flowers
Place mats - Home Goods
Plates - WalMart
Napkins, Flatware - Tuesday Morning
What special Christmas traditions does your family have?  Do you make the day extra special with a special tablescape?  I'd love to hear about it.


shabby creek cottage

2 comments:

  1. Your table is gorgeous!! Love the arrangement. I'm so glad to be your newest follower, I love your blog:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty fabulous! I was browsing some good Christmas table decorations to make and came across to your blog. I am so glad I did. these beautiful decorating ideas truly inspire me. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete