New House to Home: Christmas Tablescapes            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Tablescapes

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending a ladies' Christmas luncheon at a local church.  It was a great excuse to spend some time with friends listening to an inspiring speaker who reminded us of the true meaning of the Christmas season.  Besides the speaker and spending time with friends, there were many reasons to get excited for the luncheon, including the fabulous Italian lunch and almost endless cookie and dessert buffet.  The thing I was most excited about was viewing all of the beautifully decorated tables.  You see, instead of having a decorating committee that dresses all of the tables in the same way, this church allows the individuals who are sitting at each table to decorate their own table in their own way.  The results were beautiful!  I loved meandering from room to room admiring the creative tablescapes that so many talented individuals put together.  If you are reading this blog, I know you would have loved seeing them as well.  It's lucky for you that I had my camera and was able to get a few shots (although my low light photography skills leave a lot to be desired).  Hopefully these photos will provide you with some inspiration as you create your holiday tablescape.

I have multiple photos of this first tablescape because it's the one I helped with.  Some very talented ladies and I put it together the evening before the luncheon.  It was really quite simple - white linens, red chargers, white plates, boxes wrapped in coordinating wrapping paper, glass hurricanes filled with white candles and coordinating ornaments, greenery, silver ribbon, and a silver champagne bucket. 




 
This next one is another one done by my group, although I didn't have much to do with it.  It was so festive with the 12 days of Christmas plates and gold accents. 
 
 
Here are a few more.  I'm not sure who did these, but everyone did a fabulous job!



 











 
While all of the tables were stunning in their own ways, if someone forced me to pick a favorite, there is one that was particularly appealing to me.  While we were setting up on Friday evening, I saw this:
 
The table was only partially complete, but I knew it was going to be something special.  Imagine my surprise the next morning when I saw this:
How gorgeous is that?!?  There was a potted plant at every seat, and those moss covered frames make a perfect place card.  I wonder where that big buck and branch lantern in the center came from.  I want one of each!  Everything from the rattan chargers to the pine cones scattered around the table reflected the woodsy theme.  The whole tablescape looked like it had just jumped off the pages of Traditional Home magazine.
 
I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to attend the luncheon, and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to share a part of it with you.  Hopefully one of these beautiful tablescapes has provided you with the inspiration you need to get creative with your holiday table.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, these are such beautiful tables! There are so many great ideas here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my so many pretty tables...there is no way to choose a favorite. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try out some of the ideas. Visiting from Savvy Southern Style.

    ReplyDelete