New House to Home: Our Screened Porch at Christmas            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our Screened Porch at Christmas

I had decided I was going to take a break from blogging until after Christmas when I realized that I promised to share the Christmas décor on our screened porch with you and I hadn’t yet done so.  I’ll keep this post short and simple, because I know you all have a lot to do before the big day, as do I. 
 
I was so excited to finally have an outdoor living space to decorate for Christmas.  The decorations may be a little sparse, but I didn’t want to purchase anything new for the outdoor space.  I just used things I had on hand.   Here is the result:  

The red stars hanging on the window frames were an industrial silver tone when I purchased them several years ago at JoAnn’s at a post-July 4th sale for ninety percent off.  That’s right, they were just one dollar each!  I had my eleven year old coat them with some colonial red spray paint, and now they’re ready for Christmas.  Being red, they can still be used for Independence Day. 

The glittery pine cone tree was my one big purchase for the space.  I propped it up on the container from a used citronella candle to give it some height. 
 
The candle holders are on the table year round, but they received a seasonal update with the addition of a ring of artificial berries around the candles.  I moved the holly/jolly pillows that I made out here to shoot these photos.  I like the way they look out here so much that I may have to make myself another set. 

The bakers rack is filled with items that I just couldn’t find a place for inside the house.   You may recognize the burlap wrapped candles and wooden tray from my fall centerpiece. 
 
 
I filled this bowl with shatterproof ornaments and fresh evergreen branches given to me by my neighbors.    

That’s it!  Not bad for use-what-you-have decorating.  Was it frivolous to decorate a screened porch in the middle of winter?  I don't think so.  I recently had some neighbors over for a holiday lunch, and the porch was the perfect spot for my drink station, so I was glad it was decorated.  I set the sodas, ice bucket and champagne punch out on the table for guests to help themselves, and everything stayed nice and cold. 
Next year I may try to take my screen porch decorating to the next level by adding some festive lights and a table runner.  Maybe I’ll get lucky at some post-Christmas sales.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by during this hectic time of year.  I may or may not sneak onto the computer for another post or two before Christmas.  If for some reason I don’t make it, have a very merry Christmas!!

Linking To:

Remodelaholic Home Sweet Home on a Budget Holiday Linkup

UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so much love those screened porches you have there where you can relax and enjoy a good sunshine day or even better a snowy one (I'm a sucker for snow!). Being decorated for Christmas is surely a bonus!
    Merry Christmas Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete