New House to Home: Top Ten of 2012            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top Ten of 2012

It's been an interesting year for me when it comes to blogging.  For those of you who don't know, I've actually had this blog for two years.  I started journaling my thoughts when I first found out that my family and I were moving.  I kept the blog to myself, and actually stopped writing after I moved due to lack of time.  In June of this year, I started writing regularly again, but still kept the blog private.  After about two months of feeling like I was writing for no one, I decided to make the blog public.  That was in the middle of August, and I've been overwhelmed by the response I've received from the blogging community over the past four and one half months.  The support, suggestions and help I've received are more than I could have hoped for.  Thank you to all of the wonderful bloggers out there who have featured me, my site and my projects, and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit!  Without you, I'd still be writing for an audience of one (me - lol). 

In order to improve the blog, I've been reviewing my most popular posts from the past year, so that I can give you more of what you want.  I thought that those of you who are new here might appreciate a roundup of posts you may have missed.  Here are the top 10.

NUMBER 10


NUMBER 9


NUMBER 8


NUMBER 7



NUMBER 6


NUMBER 5




NUMBER 4


NUMBER 3


NUMBER 2


NUMBER 1 - Drum roll please...


Wow, what a great year!  Because I only put out a few months worth of posts, I was just going to do a top five list.  Imagine my surprise when I had ten posts with traffic significant enough to be mentioned in a year-end round up!  You may have noticed that all of the top ten posts were either fairly simple DIY projects (with the exception of that cable box cover, which wasn't exactly easy) or glimpses into my home.  I'm hoping to bring you more tours (you've seen almost my whole house, so I may have to hit up some friends to photograph their homes) and projects that you haven't seen anywhere else before.  I hope you'll follow me on my journey in 2013 as I continue to turn a nondescript McMansion into a cozy home for my family...

Linking to:


Funky Junk Interiors
 
 
UndertheTableandDreaming






shabby creek cottage

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/

21 comments:

  1. LOVING the cable box cover! I'm always trying to find a clever way to hide all that technical stuff!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! I just popped over to your blog and I'm loving it! Happy New year!

      Delete
  2. You are so talented and your blog is really pretty. So glad I found you through Debbiedoo's! Happy 2013~
    Shannon@SMCbyDesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So much fun to reflect back on the year. Thanks so much for sharing with my party. I loved your decor for Fall...one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cable box cover is a great solution.enjoying my visit! I hope you visit me at Uptown Acorn. Thanks, Ron
    And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started blogging this year, too. And I agree, everyone is so helpful and really make a person feel welcome. Your home looks beautiful, you do wonderful work!
    Happy New Year!
    Saw you sharing at Debbiedoo's.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New year to you, too!

      Delete
  6. Those are great ideas! I would love for you to share them at my SHOW-licious Craft Showcase party! I will be doing a year in review post and would love to include yours!

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/12/show-licious-craft-showcase-14.html

    Happy Holidays,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! I love your style, especially your Teen Bedroom and your fall garden pics.
    Visiting from Debbiedoo's party and looking forward to following you in 2013!

    Happy New Year.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so going to attempt that cable box cover. I can't stand looking at ours, just doesn't fit my style. :) New follower visiting from Debbidoo's. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl, I love your top 10 review! I'll be following along, and look forward to seeing more.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your featured projects, especially your laundry room and cable box cover - very clever! Visiting from Debbie-Doos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year!!! Great projects you have here from 2012.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have so many awesome projects! Your home is gorgeous!! Your newest follower from the Newbie party. :) Happy New Year!

    Kathy @ www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! Great projects. Come link them up at our linky party featuring everyone's BEST OF 2012: http://www.finecraftguild.com/best-of-2012-linky-parties/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog via Debbiedoo's and love your round-up. You are extremely talented! I love your use of color and the fall photos are favorites. I LOVE fall! :)

    Stop by and say hi when you can ~ I hope to get back to regular blogging soon.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your projects. I will be featuring you tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,,
    If you are still uncertain about this process then its probably a better idea to go down to your local mechanic or car body shop and offer one of the lads 20 pounds to fit the Number platesfor you. It should only take him half an hour and you will probably find that he will supply any new plastic caps or screws that may be required.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects! I love your style, everything looks lovely.Discount Beds and Mattresses

    ReplyDelete