New House to Home: Floral Door Arrangement for Autumn            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Floral Door Arrangement for Autumn

 

It's starting to look  a lot like fall around here.  Decorating the house for autumn has been slow going because of everything else on my plate right now.  I figured the simple act of hanging a wreath on the front door would inspire me to take the plunge and continue the seasonal decorating throughout the house.  Of course, nothing is ever as simple as it seems.  My previous house only had one front door, so I only had one fall wreath.  This new house has double doors at the front entrance.  What to do, what to do...  Naturally, I turned to Pinterest, where I saw this gorgeous autumn door arrangement.

Thank you to Melissa at Daisy Mae Belle for sharing the step by step instructions for making the perfect arrangement for my front doors.  I followed Melissa's tutorial almost exactly as it was written, so I won't rehash it here.  However, I couldn't find the skinny cone shaped hanging containers that she used, so I had to use these instead.
 
Since my containers are bigger, I had to use some additional tall grasses in the back, and I also added an adorable burlap pumpkin to the front of each arrangement.  Here's a look at all the materials I used.
Everything was purchased with coupons at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

I think they add a perfect seasonal touch to the entrance.

I have to admit, making these two arrangements wasn't cheap.  I'd estimate that I spent around $70 for the pair.  I was hesitant to spend the money until I started pricing ready made arrangements.  For example, this one was $40 at Home Goods.

It's okay, but I think mine are more interesting.  Also, by replacing some of the seasonal items, I'll be able to use my arrangements long after fall is gone.  For example, I can swap out the sunflowers for poinsettias, and the burlap pumpkins for a big shiny Christmas ornament.  I can't wait!

In case you were wondering, the door arrangements did inspire me to decorate other areas of the house.  I'm hoping to show them to you later this week.  I hope you'll stop back to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful. it is silly how expensive it can be to make these types of arrangements but yours are really nice. sometimes it's the only way to get exactly what you want too. your home is beautiful, i've read through some of the posts and your move, then your move back and all the decor is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the cost of these arrangements. I'm hoping I'll save money in the long run if I only change out a few elements each season. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete