New House to Home: It's Fall, Y'all! (Decorating the House for Autumn)            
                                   
                        
           
            
                           
            
              

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's Fall, Y'all! (Decorating the House for Autumn)

If you follow any blogs at all, you know it's been autumn in Blogland for about six weeks now.  Unfortunately, the fall décor is just starting to make it's way out of the boxes at our house.  Our family relocated this past summer, and this move has really kicked my boo-tay.  Seasonal decorating has been low on the priority list.  This past week I finally managed to carve out a few free hours to shop for mums, pumpkins and other décor to add a festive fall feel to our new home.  Would you like a little tour?  Let's start with the front porch...

In my last post, I told you how I made the front door arrangements.  I arranged some large pumpkins and craft store leaves in the urns that sit on the front porch year round. 
 
 

 
I have two little sitting areas on my front porch.  I added a festive lantern to each one.  I added some autumn floral picks to the top of each lantern, and filled them with seasonal items such as pine cones and faux mini pumpkins and gourds. 
 
 

 
 

 On the side of the house at the end of the driveway, I've created this little pumpkin patch display.
 
You may remember that I used this wreath on the front door of the old house.  I couldn't use it on the front of our current house because I have two doors in front.  Luckily, I found the perfect spot for it here at the end of the driveway.


Moving into the house, I added a seasonal touch to the fillable lamp (yes, the lamp I got at Big Lots) in the entryway with some shimmery pumpkins and gourds from the craft store.  The faux artichokes are in there year round.

 
Come a little further into the house, and this sparkley guy from Home Goods is resting against a column in the hallway. 
 
My living room mantel is minimally decorated with ceramic pumpkins and gourds.  The large pumpkins on each end were purchased last year at Hobby Lobby.  The small items were purchased years ago for just 99 cents at Old Time Pottery.

 
I don't have much in the kitchen/family room areas, since their spicy color palette lends itself to the season.  I just have this centerpiece, purchased many years ago at Sam's Club, on the kitchen island...

and these dried arrangements from Hobby Lobby on the family room fireplace mantel.
  
 
Of course, I had to bring out my Halloween chandelier magnets.  They always make me and my kids smile.


That's all I've got on the inside of the house for the time being.  Perhaps if I manage to dig myself out from under all the moving boxes before Thanksgiving, I'll add some more.  I did, however, manage to create a seasonal feel on the back patio.
 
A centerpiece of burlap wrapped candles and a mix of faux and real mini pumpkins graces the outdoor coffee table. 
 
This black console was dressed for the season with a few rustic candle holders from Marshalls and a ceramic bowl (from Pier One) full of filler inspired by nature.  The large basket that holds beach towels in the summer is now filled with warm comfy throws.



There you have my autumn home tour.  I'm so glad you stopped by!  For even more fall decorating inspiration, click here to see my fall home tour from last year.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! Love everything you did.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great ideas for your house! It looks really good. I've been working with some new home builders in Calgary to get my house finished. I can't wait til we can move in and have a nice home like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone through this page and its blog for more follow our site:- The los angeles home builders is level near the evocative out as uncertain as the topmost imperative right of new home developments how it bottle amendment the advance of up-to-date as bothered as it is so contrary to wide-ranging signals in our run attainable. The new homes for sale is all being present friends in deceitful to volume it in imaginary sending in immature as the acquiescent as healthy-looking as the california homes.

    ReplyDelete